Well, yesterday was the big 3-2 for me. It's still weird to think that I'm actually in my 30's - I swear I was just 18 yesterday! Where does the time go? Anyhow, I had a great weekend and was humbled that so many people remembered my birthday. Thank you all for thinking of me!
When he got home from work on Friday Neal surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of multi-colored roses. They definitely cheered me up, since I wasn't feeling up to par after being around my sick students all week.
On Saturday morning he got up early and made a pile of presents for me in the family room. Here I had been feeling sorry that he had to work late the night before when really he was at the office wrapping gifts from my family, his family, and of course, his own. Sneaker! :-)
After the big unwrapping fest we had worked up quite an appetite so we made our way down the street to our favorite breakfast hangout - IHop. They had some new holiday items on the menu, including pumpkin pancakes, which I naturally sampled. They were awesome!! I highly recommend them.
Traditional birthday dinner at TGIF, the restaurant at which we have now become "regulars."
Today we met up with Christine for morning mass and then finally ventured out to a new restaurant that we've been wanting to try for months - Yia Yia Mary's Greek Kitchen. After our first dining experience there, I think we'll definitely be back.
Overall, I had a really nice weekend. It was even better knowing that my school gave us the upcoming week off for Thanksgiving! Aaahhh.....a much needed break.
1 comment:
What a nice blog! This is a great idea to share life with family and friends especially with those that are far away and with those who we lost touch for many years. I believe that this is a good way to re-connect with them and actually be closer and more familiar in heart and thought ~ even from the distance. Although we talk for long periods of time over the phone and hear your latest activities, but just reading them and seeing your pictures it made us feel as if we were part of your great week.
Keep up with this great blog, I am sure that many family and friends are glad to hear from you this way and most probably that they will share some of their activities and pictures with you as well.
Miss you and love you both very much,
Mom & Dad
Post a Comment