This is my good friend, fellow La Reina alum and faculty
member, Joanna. Since she taught some of this year's
graduating class as 7th graders, and I worked with some of
them in Campus Ministry during my time at LRHS, we decided
to attend the graduation. It was great to meet on our home
turf, since we have both moved away from California.
This year the two co-valedictorians were both Amandas. One of them
(the one who is speaking in this photo) was a great help to me in
Campus Ministry during my time at LRHS. She made quite an
impression on me because she came to La Reina in 9th grade after
having been homeschooled through the 8th grade. Not only did she
quickly make a great group of friends, but she got involved with all
kinds of clubs and ministries and took full advantage of her
high school years. It was awesome to see her at the podium
representing her fellow graduates and speaking words of wisdom
as she prepares for the next chapter of her life.
Katherine was also one of this year's graduating seniors.
During her freshman and sophomore year, she was the most
dedicated member of my retreat planning committee. She has
always impressed me with her musical talent, strong work ethic
and conviction in her faith, and I was so proud to watch her receive
her high school diploma. She has a heart of gold and is off
to great things in life.
Sr. Lisa was principal at La Reina during my jr. high
and high school years and has since become a good friend.
She has an amazing love for the school and for women's
education, and has been such an inspiration.
Sunday mass at St. Julie's. This is Fr. Carroll, the priest
who married Neal and I. Since it was Father's Day, I
thought it would be nice to have a picture with my
spiritual Father.
Back at mom and dad's house for a Father's Day BBQ.
Ana was not able to join us as she was busy preparing for
her finals on Monday and Tuesday, but I got to see my little
brother Andrey, my aunt, and cousin.
Stacey and Dave happened to be in Newbury Park
visiting Dave's dad today, so they stopped by for a visit.
I was so excited to see them, and to hold my godson
again after last seeing him a year ago when he was only a
couple months old. He's gotten so big and so handsome,
I just couldn't let go of him!
Isn't he cute?!!
Since Brian couldn't join us for lunch on Saturday, he and Erin
came by with the baby for dinner. It was so great to catch up
and reconnect with him as well before I left. I couldn't believe
how big Kyle is either! At 19 months he's running everywhere
and talking up a storm. What a doll!
1 comment:
Wow - you crammed a lot into your weekend! It was so good to see you! We sure miss you, but I guess we'll let you go back home to Neal. And you look fabulous too! Cute dress on Saturday!!!
-Stacey
Post a Comment