Tonight we had the privilege of seeing a band that was not only one of my absolute favorites growing up, but one that is also legendary in the classic rock world. Having produced music together since 1971 (the first two members at least - Don Henley and Glen Fry), breaking up as a band for 14 years and reuniting for the "Hell Freezes Over" album, and continuing to put their collective genius to work to make amazing music, The Eagles (now in their 60's) sound as good as they ever have.
The Houston concert was originally scheduled for September 11th but was cancelled due to Hurricane Ike which hit that night. It was rescheduled for mid October, cancelled again, and finally set for December 1st. It was certainly worth the wait. I've seen The Eagles perform without Don Henley, I've seen Don Henley perform on a solo tour, but this was the first time I saw the whole band perform a show together. What a show it was!
I wish I had pictures but no cameras were allowed inside the venue. So, instead I found a nice tribute to them on youtube, a video of some of their moments as a band over the last three and a half decades. It's set to one of our favorite songs off the new album - "Waiting in the Weeds."
No comments:
Post a Comment