Sunday, January 18, 2009

Baby Shower!

".....I have called you, and you are mine."
- Isaiah 43:1

Today was a heartwarming day.  Reva and Dave are expecting a child in February and friends and family came together to celebrate with Reva.  It's difficult to describe in words how special this day was but in summary, Reva is one of the kindest, most spiritually mature people I know.  The life that she lives in so many ways inspires those around her and challenges them to be better themselves.  She is a absolute light of God and everyone who attended this shower is blessed to know her.  

This was probably the most beautiful baby shower I've ever been to - there was such a presence of God there.  We had prayers, games, and a sharing of how we each know Reva and how she has touched our lives.  It's enough that one person can touch your life so much but to hear from three dozen others how much she has impacted their lives as well really made me feel like I was in the presence of holiness.  She and Dave are going to be such great parents and we couldn't be more happy for them!


My mom was my date to Reva's wedding and today was
my date to her baby shower.  She, too, adores Reva and
it was good to have her there to share in this special day.

Every time I'm in California I can't help but visit the beach.
It was my favorite part of living there and I deeply miss
the California coastline.  After the shower ended I made
a quick run to the Ventura Pier and the beach lovingly
known as "Surfer's Point."  I visited this beach countless
times growing up and still never get tired of going there.


No comments: