Monday, April 25, 2011

Snow, Snow and More Snow

The week before Easter Neal, Dad and Andrey made a guy's trip to Mammoth and Lake Tahoe. They had a blast and later on in the week, Mom and I flew up to join them.


Andrey chillin' in the snow with his morning coffee

Dad in his element

The boys at the top of the mountain





A fence made out of old skis. We found some
really old school ones!

Dad found some Volants - the ski of choice in the
Stallcop-Bailey family.

By the time Mom and I arrived, there was only one
day left to ski before the long drive home. Unfortunately,
this is what the day looked like. Nevertheless, we took
advantage of it and conquered the mountain in a white-out.

Neal did so well this trip, skiing several black diamonds,
that he felt courageous enough to ski the Face at Heavenly -
a double black diamond.

Just don't look down

And he's off...

The pictures don't do this mountain justice, but the
moguls are truly ridiculous. After you ski a run like this,
every part of your body hurts for several days.



After a cold and challenging day of skiing, it was only
right to have dinner at our favorite Tahoe restaurant -
Villa Roma.

Back at the resort, we cuddled up by the fire and Neal and
I enjoyed our first glass of wine after a loooong Lenten season.



Easter Sunday Mass

On our way home, I requested a quick stop at Andersen's
Pea Soup for a warm snack. They only have two of these
in the state and their soup is soooo good. It had been
years since I had it and it was just as good as I remember.


No comments: