Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Only in Texas


This is a small image of the new Waterlights District that is being built just up the road from our house.  It will be attached to the Spectrum at Clear Creek, a huge promenade of shops, restaurants, businesses, walkways, and lakes.  While the plan looks awesome, I'm a little frightened by the idea of the Grand Canal featuring giant president heads (yes, all 42 of them and each 18 feet tall).  The first six heads went in last week and as I was driving home at night the other day, I was actually startled by them!  Granted, they're not lit up yet and all you see are big shadows of faces looking at you.  I just had to share this picture because only in Texas would you see something like this (well, okay, maybe besides Mount Rushmore in South Dakota - but that's waaay cooler!).    

The one positive in all of this -- we're in a booming area.  In fact, Pearland is the 36th fastest growing city in America, and the 9th fastest in Texas.  So, we've gone from moving here a year and a half ago with virtually emptiness around us, to feeling like we're now in our own little metropolis.  It's nuts!  Here is a good link that gives an idea of everything we see popping up around us.

http://pearlandtexasnewhomes.com/pearlandarea.htm

No comments: