Saturday, March 8, 2008

Rebel-ious

Well, the secret is out.........I have a wild side. As a child of the 80's, I grew up watching Top Gun, and a part of me always wanted to see what it was like to be Kelly McGillis on the back of a motorcycle with Tom Cruise. I had never seriously thought about biking, though, until I met Neal. When I found out he had a bike, I was naturally curious and wanted to fulfill my childhood fantasy of holding tight to a handsome man and riding off into the sunset. :-) The first time he took me out, it was everything I had hoped. After that I was hooked and have been wanting a bike of my own ever since.

With the weather starting to warm up here and signs of spring in the air, Neal has been itching to ride his motorcycle. And with me as his partner, he thought it was time I venture out and get my own bike. I, of course, had no complaints! So, after researching all the best bikes for little people and looking at both new and used bikes, we decided on a beautiful, red (naturally), '04 Honda Rebel. It's in great condition and rides like a dream (well, that was what Neal said after riding it home). Luckily, I had the best instructor ever (Neal :) and once he showed me the ropes I was off. The rest of the afternoon was spent practicing around the block. I absolutely LOVE it! It's so much fun and I can't wait to get my motorcycle license so I can take it out on the open road (side roads, that is - I don't plan on being wild enough to go on the interstate). It's official now - I've become a biker chick.

Here are a few pics of the day.

Da Shop


Can you guess which one it is? (Remember, it's a little person's bike.) It's up on the left - 2nd bike in the row.


Following Neal home


Back home, just after learning to ride, ready to hit the road!


Isn't she beautiful (the bike, that is)?!


Heeeeeeeere we gooooooo!


Look, no feet!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, well the secret adventure is finally out ~ chick rider, but where is the helmet? You know how I fear motor bikes. ;( This means that I have to ad an extra bid to my rosary. :-+
The bike is such a pretty color, but the girl, with the burgundy jacket, shines beautifully on top.
Promise to yourself to not ever go on free ways, at least not until I am 99 and senile.
Enjoy your bike, but don’t try to be Evil Canivel.

I love you tons,
Mom :-)

Little Man said...

Wow Kelly!!! You go girl!! But do be careful:)

I love reading your blog; you and Neal have terrific adventures:)

I have a blog, too, but it's for a class, so the material is a bit limited in content. If you're interested, though, you can check out valbel.blogspot.com

David, Stacey & Kolbe Adams said...

She is sooo pretty - and the bike is nice too!
I'm so excited for you! I don't think Dave and I will become bikers any time soon unless they make one with a carseat for Kolbe - not likely!
-Stacey

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

Awesome looking bike!! You don't quite have that biker chick look yet. You need a blker helmet, a Honda jacket and a pair of leather biker shaps and shoes. Oh, don't the googles (Grease 2 style). Also, find out the local biker hangout for for weekend lunches. Congrats,

Dad