Monday, August 4, 2008

Providence, Rhode Island

Although we had flown into Boston coming into town, we left from Providence, Rhode Island.  Since this was another state I hadn't been to, we did as much touring as we could in the short amount of time we had there before our flight.  

Before heading to downtown, we took a detour through
some neighborhood streets and found these homes
along a lake.  A big house with a porch overlooking 
the water - my dream home. :-)

View from downtown Providence, just down the hill
from Brown University



After we arrived at the airport, I was a little disappointed
that on my first trip to Boston I didn't get to try any
Boston Cream Pie in the place where it originated.
We tried to find some but to no avail, until  at last,
Neal came through and brought back some Boston
cream-filled donuts from Dunkin' Donuts, which
did originate nearby in Quincy, Massachusetts.
That was good enough for me (they were delicious)!

No comments: