Sunday, August 24, 2008

Seussical the Musical

One of the 4th grade girls that I taught last year was in a play this summer - Seussical the Musical - and she invited us to come and watch her.  Kara was one of the shyest girls in her class, and I couldn't believe that she had become such a fan of acting (this was her 5th play!).   Yet, seeing her on stage we realized that she's a natural.  She played Thing 1, with blue hair and wild costume and make-up, and not only did she appear comfortable on stage, but she did a great job as well.  I was so proud of her!   

Thing 1 (on left)

The boy on the right (with the blue striped shirt) is
Kara's brother, who had one of the lead roles.  Of the five
kids in the family, 4 were in this play.  They've made
theatre quite a family act!

Kara is in the middle wearing the "American Cutie" shirt.
Her brother, Michael, is to her left.

No comments: